In recent years, Invisalign has gained popularity as an alternative to traditional braces for achieving a straighter smile. But did you know that Invisalign offers more than just cosmetic benefits? Keep reading to explore the health benefits of Invisalign treatment near you. From improved oral hygiene to enhanced overall well-being, Invisalign offers many advantages beyond straightening teeth.
Benefits of Invisalign Treatment
Invisalign offers recipients several advantages beyond aesthetic improvements. Some of them include:
- Improved oral hygiene: Invisalign aligners are removable, making it easier to maintain good oral hygiene. Unlike traditional braces, no brackets or wires hinder brushing and flossing. You can remove the aligners, clean your teeth thoroughly, and then put them back in.
- Reduced risk of tooth decay and gum disease: Straightening your teeth with Invisalign can help reduce the risk of tooth decay and gum disease. Misaligned teeth can create tight spaces where plaque and food particles can accumulate, increasing the chances of dental issues. By aligning your teeth properly, Invisalign promotes better oral health.
- Enhanced bite alignment: Invisalign not only straightens teeth but also corrects bite issues, such as overbites, underbites, or crossbites. Proper bite alignment improves the function of your jaw and reduces strain on the jaw joints, which can alleviate discomfort and potential issues like temporomandibular joint disorder (TMD).
- Decreased teeth grinding and clenching: Invisalign can help alleviate teeth grinding (bruxism) and clenching by aligning the teeth and improving the bite. By distributing the forces evenly across the teeth, Invisalign can reduce excessive wear and tear on the teeth caused by grinding or clenching habits.
- Minimized risk of dental injuries: Misaligned teeth are more prone to chips, cracks, and other dental injuries. Invisalign can straighten teeth, reducing the risk of such injuries and promoting better dental health.
- Comfort and convenience: Invisalign aligners are custom-made to fit your teeth comfortably. They are made of smooth, BPA-free plastic, minimizing irritation to the soft tissues in your mouth. Additionally, Invisalign treatment requires fewer office visits than traditional braces, making it a convenient option for those with busy schedules.
- Boosted self-confidence and overall well-being: Invisalign improves your oral health and enhances your smile and overall appearance. A confident smile can positively impact your self-esteem, social interactions, and well-being.
It’s important to consult an experienced Invisalign provider to determine if you are a suitable candidate for this treatment. They will assess your specific dental needs and create a customized treatment plan to help you achieve a healthier, more beautiful smile with the many benefits of Invisalign.
How Does Invisalign Work?
Here’s how the Invisalign process consultation:
- Consultation and treatment planning: The first step is to schedule a consultation with a dentist near you. During this visit, our dentist or orthodontist will assess your teeth, discuss your goals, and determine if Invisalign suits you. They will take digital scans, x-rays, and photographs of your teeth to create a precise 3D digital model of your smile.
- Customized treatment plan: Using the digital model, your Invisalign provider will develop a customized treatment plan. They will show you a virtual representation of how your teeth will move and align at each stage of the treatment. This allows you to visualize the final result before you even begin.
- Fabrication of aligners: A set of transparent, personalized aligners will be created just for you based on the treatment plan. They are made to gradually shift your teeth into the ideal positions, so each aligner differs slightly from the one before.
- Wearing the aligners: You will be provided with a set of aligners, typically wearing each set for about one to two weeks before progressing to the next set. You should wear the aligners for 20 to 22 hours daily, removing them only for eating, drinking, brushing, and flossing.
- Gradual tooth movement: Your teeth will progressively reposition themselves into their ideal positions as you go through each set of aligners. Each aligner progressively realigns teeth by applying mild, regulated pressure to the targeted teeth. You will switch to a new set of aligners every few weeks, as directed by Invisalign providers near you.
- Monitoring progress: Throughout the treatment, you will have periodic check-ups with your Invisalign provider to ensure your teeth are moving as planned and to receive new sets of aligners. These check-ups usually occur every six to eight weeks.
- Treatment completion and retention: Once you have completed the series of aligners, your teeth should be in their desired positions. However, wearing a retainer as our dentist prescribes to preserve the results is crucial. Retainers help prevent teeth from shifting back to their original positions.
Invisalign offers a comfortable and discreet alternative to traditional braces, allowing you to achieve a straighter smile without using metal brackets and wires. By following the treatment plan and wearing the aligners as a dentist on Whyte Ave, Edmonton, instructed, you can achieve the desired results and enjoy the benefits of a beautifully aligned smile.
Invisalign is a highly effective and popular orthodontic treatment for people seeking to straighten teeth.
Whether you have minor tooth misalignments or more complex orthodontic concerns, Invisalign at Lumos Dental offers a modern solution that combines aesthetics, functionality, and oral well-being. Invest in yourself and discover the many benefits that Invisalign can bring to your life.
Please get in touch with us today to set up a consultation.